University of Exeter
BSc (Hons) Biological Sciences - 2:1
SEP06 - AUG09 - 3Y00M
Promoted to lead frontend as the engineering team grew with investment. Responsibilities included, but were not limited to, the following. Line management and mentoring of 2 frontend engineers and a QA engineer. Hiring and interviewing of new applicants. Attending leads meetings to discuss technology, infrastructure and future direction of the ecomm webapp. Running workshops on various topics and technologies to upskill engineers across the business. Spiking and laying foundations for new complex UI components. Investigating and reporting on website performance. General everyday responsibilities tracking deployments and error reporting to maintain a working webapp with maximum uptime.
Some of the more recent work involved planning the deprecation pathway for the legacy React webapp while laying the groundwork inside the new Turborepo and Astro application to significantly lift performance scores. Among other things I oversaw a project to integrate Algolia search.
A full time position within the digital team working predominantly on the ecommerce react/node application and external packages. My role was to regain order of the application while deprecating old code and removing inefficiencies as well as providing structure and standards to the team by mentoring junior developers. The application and its external packages are a mix of many new and older technologies due to its continued development: React, hooks, redux, webpack, jest, mocha, nightwatch/cucumber, scss, github workflows, prismic.
A 6 week contract to rebuild Collectiv’s public facing marketing website. As instructed the site was built with Nuxt, PCSS, Vuex, and content was provided via Contentful.
A 6 week contract working across multiple projects. Initially I built a simple static brochure page to showcase Nexus’ latest augmented reality project GILDA. ES6, Sass, and HTML partials were compiled and bundled with Webpack prior to deployment with static data rendered via Handlebars. I completed a static site to showcase Japanese artists and their work before the olympics. The site was built with GatsbyJS with markdown data passed to React templates via GraphQL. I was also drafted in to help complete an interface for a WebGL project. The project was for a well know search provider and showcased works from Leonardo da Vinci’s codices in an interactive way. The UI was built in VueJS using a Vuex store.
I was also drafted in to help complete an interface for a WebGL project. The project was for a well know search provider and showcased works from Leonardo da Vinci’s codices in an interactive way. The UI was built in VueJS using a Vuex store.